Friday, May 15, 2009

Endorsement from Singer-Songwriter, Marion LoGuidice

I am writing on behalf of Andrea Furey in support of her candidacy for Croton-Harmon school board member. I am still rather new to the Croton community, having moved here just last summer. Andrea is one of the people whom I’ve met who has really helped strengthen my link with our new school. I first met her when my daughter was in the stage crew for the PVC musical, Aladdin, last March. Andrea involved me as a volunteer, and her support helped make possible the inclusion of so many children in the show -- 70 or so. As a new member of this community , she’s always been extremely generous , helpful and supportive to me in every way.

I recently attended one of her Thursday night Croton Diner get togethers about the district and learned about the proposed budget and the district’s educational philosophy. This was especially helpful because public schools are a new experience for my family. It was a nice opportunity to meet others who care about the future of Croton’s schools. Andrea’s long and varied experience with Croton schools, her intelligence and ability to put people at ease, listen to them and involve them, makes Andrea my choice
for school board.

I would also like to voice my support for Lisa Cohen. I recently attended a coffee gathering where she spoke . I was moved by her dedication, passion and concern for our children's education. She answered all of our questions and concerns, in a confident, well informed and caring way.

I hope you will join me in voting for Andrea Furey and Lisa Cohen.

Marion LoGuidice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Please vote for me on May 19th, 6:00 am to 9:00 pm at Croton-Harmon High School.