Saturday, May 16, 2009

Endorsement from Nicole Y. Shapiro, A Letter to the Gazette

To the residents of the Croton Harmon school district:

Our School Board elections are rapidly approaching and I am taking this final opportunity to endorse Andrea Furey to fill one of the two open seats.

I have had the privilege of working very closely with Andrea over the past five years on the Board of the Special Education PTA (SEPTA). It therefore came to me as no surprise that she was tapped by members of the school board to consider a run for a seat . Her professional background, her volunteer work (particularly as co-founder and co-president of SEPTA) as well as her role as mother of two students (one at PVC and one at the high school), uniquely qualify her for the position. She has both the intellect and the passion that the role requires. She understands the tremendous commitment and work it involves and to me it would be a very natural next step for her. I have full confidence in her ability to effectively advocate for our children’s education. I hope you’ll join me in voting for her on Tuesday, May 19th.

Sincerely, Nicole Y. Shapiro

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Please vote for me on May 19th, 6:00 am to 9:00 pm at Croton-Harmon High School.